Wednesday 6 August 2008

Hello World

This is the usual breakthrough message usually written in a program that confirms a successful hack when it comes to hacking various machines, computers and video game consoles to make them do things they shouldn't! Although it is fun to see this happening in a productive way, such as with video game systems being able to play homebrew, I recently encountered a malicious hacking attempt at work, which was also successful but for the wrong reason.

We use an aging PBX switchboard at work, which unfortunately is prone to exploits through the voicemail system when staff can check their messages from home. Somehow, someone dialed into the system, broke through it, and made two 11 hour, 59 minute and 59 second calls to Afghanistan. Yeah...Suck. The worst thing about this situation is nobody really knows what to do, phone provider, or police since I guess it was such a stealth attack *sigh*

Maybe somehow the police will turn out something positive, but it seems in this instance the company will probably be accountable for the cost.

Other than that, the week before I had to deal with a system crippling virus that manifested itself to the rest of the servers, which got sorted eventually, and on a better note i've managed to see a bunch of new movies since the last time I blogged. Of note, you have to see Kung Fu Panda, and Wall-E, both really good and appeal to everyone. I especially loved the choreography of Kung Fu Panda, which was so intricate that a lot of the sequences looked like stuff pulled off in my favourite old Jackie Chan movies.

For the geeks out there, especially Star Trek lovers, check out Meet Dave, probably Eddie Murphys strangest role yet, although I thoroughly enjoyed it! Avoid: Harold and Kumar 2 and Smart People, which weren't very good at all. Also saw Wanted, the action packed Angelina Jolie and James McCavoy movie about super human assassins which was average...really it's saving grace was the phenomenal special effects that were just really good, though the script fell flat and was terribly cliched.

Next week, I'm going to a preview screening of Get Smart, a movie comedy about a bungling accidental spy played by Steve Carrell, and hopefully the following Saturday see The Dark Knight, which has had more praise recently than any movie i've seen this year.

The Japanese Sushi/Noodle bar, near us, Kaimito! finally opened a few weeks ago, and I love it. It's priced quite well, pretty swanky and serves food that tastes great. They seem to be only serving about half the menu at the moment, since they are trying to employ more chefs with certain experience, although their noodles and sushi are extremely tasty! Speaking of food...

I realised this weekend that quite without noticing, I managed to put on a considerable amount of weight, mainly since the past month I have been junking it out quite liberally and enjoying it. Upon this realisation though, it kinda shocked me back to earth and I guess I will be detoxing for probably the next 2 weeks haha, I just love food :-/ I usually tell Jen that I hope we can eat as much as we like in heaven without any repercussions, and yes i'm a weirdo...anywho!

Gotta dash for now, Take care all, and catch you later!

No comments: